SAN FRANCISCO, April 4, 2019 /PRNewswire/ — The global whiskey market size is expected to reach USD 89.60 billion by 2025, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. The market is anticipated to witness a CAGR of 6.4% during the forecast period on account of rising product consumption across the globe. Growing product usage in the artistic preparation of alcoholic drinks is the key factor driving the industry. Blended whiskey is likely to remain the most lucrative product segment over the forecast period due to ongoing experimental activities to produce innovative drinks.
Key suggestions from the report:
Blended whiskey dominated the global market in 2018; while, the malt whiskey segment is projected to ascend at a CAGR of 7.1% over the forecast period
The premium quality segment led the global market in 2018 accounting for a revenue share of 43.7%
Rising preference for high-quality craft whiskey over those provided by established brands owing to the distinct taste and flavors will drive the segment
The whiskey market in North America has grown at a prolific rate over the past few years owing to consumer preference for conventional, locally produced drinks
Pernod Ricard, Hotaling & Co., William Grant & Sons, and Diageo plc are the prominent companies in the global market
Most of these manufacturers provide whiskeys produced from locally-grown grains, such as rye, barley, and wheat. The whiskey distilleries owned by these companies are majorly located in U.S. and Europe owing to the substantial demand
Read 90 page research report with TOC on “Whiskey Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Product (Malt, Wheat, Rye, Corn, Blended), By Quality (Premium, High-end Premium, Super Premium), By Region, And Segment Forecasts, 2019 – 2025” at: https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/whiskey-market
The market has also experienced a high demand for rye-based and single- and double-malt whiskey rich in new flavors. Use of malt whiskey in cocktail formulation is anticipated to increase the demand further. The segment is predicted to experience a steady CAGR over the next few years. The overall whiskey market has witnessed a shift from branded and premium drinks to super-premium and high-end premium drinks produced by skilled craftsmen using traditional processes.
High-end premium segment is likely to witness considerable growth due to market consolidation and high-entry-barrier of new companies. However, a small customer base and high prices of these products may limit the segment growth. The U.S. whiskey market is proliferating in line with the increasing disposable income levels, which has resulted in rising demand for the premium-quality products, such as corn and malt whiskeys.
Grand View Research has segmented the global whiskey market on the basis of product, quality, and region:
• Whiskey Product Outlook (Volume, Million Liters; Revenue, USD Million, 2014 – 2025)
• Whiskey Quality Outlook (Volume, Million Liters; Revenue, USD Million, 2014 – 2025)
- High-end Premium
- Super Premium
• Paprika Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 – 2025)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Central & South America
Find more research reports on Processed & Frozen Foods Industry, by Grand View Research:
- Ready Meals Market – Demand for food that is additive free, minimally processed and with extended shelf life is expected to drive the market. Changing consumer lifestyle is another factor favorable for the ready meals market.
- Fast Food Market – Global fast food market demand is expected to be augmented by increasing disposable income and the changing food habits of consumers in emerging economies such as China, India and Brazil. In addition, the market for global fast food is driven by local consumer tastes and demographics.
- Non-Alcoholic Drinks Market – Non-alcoholic drinks market demand is expected to augment by increasing disposable income and changing lifestyles of the consumers. Additionally, rising temperatures due to global warming are likely to aid market growth.
Gain access to Grand View Compass, our BI enabled intuitive market research database of 10,000+ reports
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Follow Us: LinkedIn | Twitter
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.