European Cannabis Week will be the first major showcase of Europe’s emerging legal CBD and medical cannabis industries and the first major set of cannabis events in the UK since the government legalised medical cannabis. The series of events will take place against a backdrop of major global policy change, as a number of European governments move to overhaul the continent-wide moratorium on cannabis and WHO re-examines their position on medical cannabis.
While medical cannabis may be the hot topic at the moment, CBD is still firmly on the agenda, as the European Parliament looks at changing its legislation.
Alastair Moore, COO of European Cannabis Week explained the need for such an event:
“Legislation in Europe is changing at a rapid pace and the private sector is evolving to serve the ever-growing demand for medical cannabis. Sixteen European countries have now legalised medical cannabis and with a total market of over 740 million people, Europe will become the largest value cannabis market in the world. European Cannabis Week will drive this growth, bringing together the people, brands and organisations that will shape the emerging European market.”
- Cannabis Europa – a two-day event exploring the latest developments in the European market and the professionalisation of the industry.
- Institutional Cannabis Capital Conference Europe – a meeting place for investors looking to learn the ropes in cannabis investing.
- First Wednesdays Network – a networking event for those working in medical cannabis industries across Europe.
- entOURage Network Workshop – a platform and network for women to engage and explore collaboration in the legal cannabis market.
- ECH After-Party – an invite-only event, promising to be a celebration of the European cannabis industry.
All events will be open to the public and tickets are now available via the ECW website: https://www.ecwevents.com/.
Further information detailing speakers, brands and venues will be released soon. To stay up to date, sign up to our mailer on the ECW website.
To apply for press passes, email firstname.lastname@example.org – Please note that places are limited.
Cannabis Europa London will be the headline event of the week, but media accreditation will be separate.
To apply for a press pass, or for any media-related inquiries please email Press@ecwevents.com
About European Cannabis Week
A first for Europe, a first for London and a first for the cannabis industry. European Cannabis Week is a carefully curated series of events that showcase the depth of talent, opportunity and excitement of the European cannabis industry. The diverse programme of talks and events will explore the culture, politics, health, science and business behind the emergent cannabis industry in Europe, featuring a diverse roster of speakers from across the world. Hosted from June 23rd to 29th the festival takes place in venues across London, a European hub for finance, culture and creativity.
SOURCE European Cannabis Week