SAN FRANCISCO, March 12, 2019 — The global metabolic disorder therapeutics market size is expected to reach USD 88.93 billion by 2025, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. The market is anticipated to witness a CAGR of 7.56% during the estimated period. Rising incidences of diabetes, obesity, and hypercholesterolemia are expected to drive the market growth. It is estimated that by 2040, about 1 person in 11 people worldwide is likely to suffer from one of the aforementioned diseases.
Key suggestions from the report:
- Diabetes segment led the market in 2017, in terms of revenue generation,owing to higher prevalence and drug usage
- Obesity segment is expected to register a CAGR of 9.27% over the forecast period owing to increasing prevalence as a result of sedentary lifestyle changes
- Drug therapy was the most-preferred therapy due to its high reliability proven success and availability of various types of drugs to treat metabolic diseases
- The segment is expected to maintain its dominance even during the forecast years due to the introduction of smart technology to deliver antidiabetic drug on a regulated basis
- Key companies in this market are Novo Nordisk A/S;Sanofi S.A.; BoehringerIngelheim GmbH; Eli Lilly and Company; Merck KgaA; Amgen, Inc.; AstraZeneca PLC; Actelion Pharmaceuticals Ltd.; Shire PLC; AbbVie, Inc.;Biocon Ltd.;BioMarinPharmaceutical, Inc.; Bristol-Myers Squibb Company; Cipla, Inc.; and CymaBay Therapeutics, Inc.
- Most of these companies are focusing on strategies, such as collaborations, expansion of product portfolios, and M&A to maintain their industry position
- Oral route of administration was the key revenue-generating segment in 2017owing to its benefits, such as high reliability and ease of administration
- North America was the largest regional market in 2017 and will maintain the trend in future due to the presence of key companies and rising cases of diabetes and obesity
Read 145 page research report with TOC on “Metabolic Disorder Therapeutics Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Route of Administration, By Disease (Diabetes, Lysosomal Disorders), By Therapy Type, By Region, and Segment Forecasts, 2019 – 2025” at: https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/metabolic-disorder-therapeutics-market
Researchers estimate that the prevalence of metabolic diseases like obesity and diabetes is expected to double in the coming 2 decades, mainly in U.S. and Asian and Latin American countries. This, in turn, will help boost the overall market growth in the year to come. Furthermore, with better economic stability in developing countries, demand for novel therapeutics for one-time treatment has increased. This has made major companies in the global market to invest heavily in R&D to develop innovative therapy options. All these factors will contribute to the development of the market.
Grand View Research has segmented the global metabolic disorder therapeutics market on the basis of disease, therapy type, route of administration, and region:
- Metabolic Disorder Therapeutics Disease Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion, 2014 – 2025)
- Lysosomal Storage Diseases
- Gaucher’s Disease
- Metachromatic Leukodystrophy
- Hurler – Scheie
- Sanfilipo A
- Inherited Metabolic Disorders
- Metabolic Disorder Therapy Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion, 2014 – 2025)
- Enzyme Replacement Therapy
- Cellular Transplantation
- Small Molecule Based Therapy
- Substrate Reduction Therapy
- Gene Therapy
- Drug Therapy
- Metabolic Disorder Therapeutics Route of Administration Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion, 2014 – 2025)
- Metabolic Disorder Therapeutics Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion, 2014 – 2025)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
Find more research reports on Pharmaceutical Industry, by Grand View Research:
- Doxorubicin Market – The global doxorubicin market size was valued at USD 809.6 million in 2015 and is projected to grow at a CAGR of 6.4% over the forecast period.
- Genitourinary Drugs Market – The global genitourinary drugs market accounted for USD 28.2 billion in 2015 and is anticipated to grow at a CAGR of over 0.8% during the forecast period.
- Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension (PAH) Market – The global pulmonary arterial hypertension (PAH) market size was valued at USD 5.0 billion in 2015 owing to the increasing prevalence and incidence rates of this disease and supportive government legislation.
Gain access to Grand View Compass, our BI enabled intuitive market research database of 10,000+ reports
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Follow Us: LinkedIn | Twitter
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.