NEW YORK, March 18, 2019 — The Peter G. Peterson Foundation and the Ford Foundation will convene a milestone US 2050 conference on Friday, March 22, at the Liaison Washington Capitol Hill, in Washington, D.C.
With multiple demographic, economic, societal and fiscal trends shaping America, leading scholars and experts will discuss a range of new insights and projections that will drive further research and help policymakers prepare now for the future. The 31 US 2050 papers assess a range of interrelated issues, including labor force participation, education, poverty, immigration, fertility, health status, caregiving, family structure, retirement savings, and the future of Congress. A summary paper connecting the dots of this wide-ranging new research has been prepared by David Wessel (Director, Hutchins Center on Fiscal and Monetary Policy at the Brookings Institution) and will be made available at the event.
The Pew Research Center will also present findings from a new survey on what Americans think the U.S. will be like in 2050.
US 2050 Spring Conference participants will include:
- Michael A. Peterson, CEO, Peter G. Peterson Foundation
- John Irons, Director, Future of Work, Ford Foundation
- David Wessel, Brookings Institution; US 2050 Advisory Committee member
- Kim Parker, Pew Research Center
- Marta Tienda, Princeton University
- Annamaria Lusardi, George Washington University; US 2050 author
- Michael Strain, American Enterprise Institute; US 2050 Advisory Committee member
- Bill Gale, Brookings Institution; US 2050 author
- Andra Gillespie, Emory University
- Sarah Bryner, Center for Responsive Politics; US 2050 author
- Daniel Stid, Hewlett Foundation; US 2050 author
- Michael Chui, McKinsey Global Institute
US 2050 Spring Conference
Friday, March 22, 2019 from 9 a.m. to 3:45 p.m.
Liaison Washington Capitol Hill
415 New Jersey Avenue NW
Washington, DC 20001
The conference format allows ample time for Q&A to encourage members of the audience to add their perspectives and to engage with the panelists on the topics under discussion.
Visit www.pgpf.org/us-2050/spring-conference for the agenda and more information.
To request press credentials, please email Jeremy Rosen at email@example.com. Space is limited.
Contacts: Jeremy Rosen | firstname.lastname@example.org
Joshua Cinelli | email@example.com
SOURCE Peter G. Peterson Foundation