DUBLIN, April 8, 2019 /PRNewswire/ — The “Global Markets for Raman Spectroscopy” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
The report forecasts the market size for Raman spectroscopy used in end applications including life sciences, material sciences, carbon materials, semiconductors and others. Forecasts for individual end applications are classified on the basis of Raman spectroscopy instruments and geographic region.
The report also provides an overview of Raman spectroscopy, introduces the value chain of the industry, and highlights the characteristics of Raman spectroscopy adoption by various sampling techniques adopted by the vendors. On the basis of the application area, the market was studied for life sciences, material sciences, carbon materials, semiconductors, and other applications. All regional and global players were taken into consideration in the estimation of market size through tracking the revenues and market share of key vendors.
In terms of instrument sales, probe-based Raman spectroscopy accounts for the largest share of the global market for Raman spectroscopy, and this product segment is expected to continue to lead the market throughout the forecast period of 2018 through 2023.
The major factor driving the market for probe-based Raman spectroscopy is its ability to conduct Raman spectroscopy in real time and easily provide information regarding the materials or samples. With advancements in technology, the other types of instruments, such as micro-Raman and Fourier-transform (FT) Raman, are likely to be adopted by industry for various types of applications.
Increasing demand for real-time analysis of samples in the harshest conditions is expected to propel the demand for SERS during the forecast period of 2018 through 2023.
In terms of applications, the life sciences segment led the global market for Raman spectroscopy in 2017 and is expected to continue to do so throughout the forecast period. In addition to the analysis of blood samples, this technology is also used in the analysis of diseases such as cancer. The need to diagnose the disease at the earliest stages is driving the growth of the market.
Among geographic regions, North America accounted for the largest share of the global market for Raman spectroscopy in 2017, and it is expected to continue to do so throughout the forecast period. This is attributed to the well-developed infrastructure and skilled workforce in North America.
Asia-Pacific is expected to be the fastest growing region. With the growing economies of China, India, South Korea, Australia and Japan, a huge increase in demand for Raman spectroscopy is likely to occur in this region.
The Report Includes:
- Analyses of global market trends with data from 2017 and 2018, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2023
- Highlights of the innovation-driven Raman spectroscopy market, and the major regions and countries involved in such developments
- An assessment of the widespread applications of Raman spectroscopy and the market dynamics of each application segment
- Identification of the key trends related to the applications, sampling techniques and instruments that shape and influence the Raman spectroscopy market
- Detailed description of surface-enhanced Raman scattering and tip-enhanced Raman scattering
- Examination of the competitive landscape for the market, and coverage of major industry players, their key strategies, product developments and revenue details
- Company profiles of key players in the Raman spectroscopy market, including Agilent Technologies Inc., Bruker Corp., PerkinElmer Inc., Smiths Detection Inc., and Thermo Fisher Scientific
Key Topics Covered:
Chapter 1 Introduction
- Study Goals and Objectives
- Reasons for Doing This Study
- Intended Audience
- Scope of Report
- Research Methodology
- Geographic Breakdown
- Analyst’s Credentials
- Custom Research
- Related Reports
Chapter 2 Summary and Highlights
Chapter 3 Market Overview
- Market Definition
- Market Scenario
- Value Chain Analysis
- Component Providers
- Instrument Manufacturers
- Market Dynamics
Chapter 4 Market Breakdown by Sampling Technique
- Surface-Enhanced Raman Scattering
- Tip-Enhanced Raman Scattering
- Other Raman Scattering Techniques
Chapter 5 Market Breakdown by Type of Instrument
- Probe-based Raman
- Fourier-transform Infrared Raman
Chapter 6 Market Breakdown by Application Area
- Life Sciences
- Material Sciences
- Carbon Materials
Chapter 7 Market Breakdown by Region
- North America
- Rest of the World (RoW)
Chapter 8 Competitive Landscape
- Market Share Analysis
- Analysis of Major Strategies
- Key Market Developments
- Case Studies
- Use of Raman Spectroscopy for Art Purposes
- Pigment Analysis of the Gutenberg Bibles
- Characterization of Mummified Tissues
- Ancient Ceramics and Glasses
- In Situ Analysis of Medieval Frescoes with Portable Raman Spectroscopy
Chapter 9 Company Profiles
- Aabspec Instrumentation Corp.
- Agilent Technologies
- Anton Paar Gmbh
- B&W Tek Inc. (Metrohm Ag)
- Bruker Corp.
- Digilab Inc.
- Foss A/S
- Hamamatsu Photonics K.K.
- Horiba Ltd.
- Jasco Inc.
- Jeol Ltd.
- Kaiser Optical Systems Inc.
- Malvern Panalytical Ltd.
- Metrohm Ag
- Montana Instruments Corp.
- Ocean Optics Inc.
- Ondax Inc.
- Perkinelmer, Inc.
- Princeton Instruments
- Renishaw Plc
- Rigaku (Rigaku Raman Technologies)
- Semrock Inc.
- Shimadzu Corp.
- Smiths Detection
- Snowy Range Instruments
- Spectral Products
- Thermofisher Scientific Inc.
- TSI Inc.
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/2qfnl5
Research and Markets also offers Custom Research services providing focused, comprehensive and tailored research.
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call +1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call +1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
SOURCE Research and Markets