Ahead of a meeting to conclude negotiations on the new EU partnership agreement (Post-Cotonou) with African, Caribbean and Pacific countries (ACP), the Chair of the Committee on Development, Tomas Tobé (EPP, SE) and Carlos Zorrinho (S&D, PT), Chair of Parliament’s ACP Delegation, told the Commission that the current negotiation draft is not acceptable.
The total resources available for cross-border cooperation for the period 2021-2027, through the EU Interreg instrument, are set at 8 billion EUR (8 050 000 000 in 2018 prices).
Interreg will support the following types of actions (referred to as “strands”):
- cross-border cooperation between adjacent regions to promote integrated and harmonious regional development between neighbouring land and maritime border regions (Interreg A; 72,2% of total resources);
- transnational cooperation over larger transnational territories or around sea-basins (Interreg B; 2%);
- interregional cooperation to reinforce the effectiveness of cohesion policy (Interreg C; 1%);
- outermost regions’ cooperation to facilitate their integration and harmonious development in their region (Interreg D; 5%).
- EUR 260 million to invest in priority water projects across Jordan
- The programme supports Jordan’s adaptation to climate change
The European Investment Bank (EIB) signed a framework loan of EUR 260 million with the government of the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan (HKJ) to support priority water sector investments of the Ministry of Water and Irrigation.
The Tunisian Ministry of Equipment, Housing and Infrastructure and the Ministry of Local Affairs and Environment have published a call for expressions of interest to select the municipalities that will benefit from the historic centre regeneration programme (PRCA).
In a resolution adopted on Tuesday with 31 votes in favour, 6 votes against and 18 abstentions, Employment Committee MEPs say that EU countries must ensure that workers are able to exercise the right to disconnect effectively, including by means of collective agreements.
- The EIB support will enable Siemens Gamesa to enhance its offering with an innovative technology that contributes to generating clean energy in a more sustainable and efficient manner.
- The investment will mainly be allocated to Siemens Gamesa’s RDI centres in Spain and Denmark.
Germany: EIB and Software AG sign €130 million loan agreement for research, development and innovation
The European Investment Bank (EIB) and Software AG have signed a loan agreement of up to €130 million. The loan will back Software AG’s research, development and innovation (RDI) activities related to its future enterprise software portfolio.
Czech Republic: EIB signs a CZK 5 billion loan with ČEPS to modernise and reinforce the electricity transmission network
- Improving reliability and quality of electricity supply in the Czech Republic
- Increasing the integration of renewables in the electricity network
- Supporting regional cohesion
The European Investment Bank (EIB) signed a CZK 5 billion loan (equivalent to €190 million) with ČEPS, a.s.,
Parliament’s and Council’s negotiators agreed that the total resources for economic, social and territorial funds available for 2021-2027 are 330 billion EUR (330 234 776 619 in 2018 prices).
The deal means less developed regions will continue to benefit from substantial EU support with co-financing rates of up to 85% of funds provided by the EU.
- European Investment Bank to invest USD 60 million to modernise water supply infrastructure and waste water treatment facilities in Ecuador;
- The project backed by the European Union, will improve access to water for communities across the Portoviejo Canton, particularly in rural areas;
- The water project contributes to the achievement of a number of Sustainable Development Goals and to building Ecuador’s resilience to pandemics such as Covid-19.