SAN MATEO, Calif., March 15, 2019 — Sonim Technologies, a leading U.S. provider of ultra-rugged mobility solutions designed specifically for public safety and task workers physically engaged in their work environments, today announced the launch of the Sonim XP3 on the Sprint network.
Those who protect, provide and serve need simple, fast and reliable communication. The Sonim XP3 is an ultra-rugged flip phone built to communicate, and thrive, in extreme conditions. It’s as tough as it is convenient, with purpose-built features users can depend on. It helps ensure clear communication regardless of the work environment. Any worker in need of voice-only communications can benefit from the XP3 as it is interoperable with field radios and smartphones using Sprint Direct Connect Plus, making it easy and efficient to stay connected with field workers.
“We’ve found there is still significant demand for feature phones in the enterprise and public safety markets,” said Sonim Vice President, Mike Wynne. “Our popular XP5s feature phone, launched in 2018, combines the instant communication of a two-way radio with phone features you’d expect to find on higher-cost handsets. The addition of the XP3 gives our customers an alternative option with the flip phone form factor, which is more compact and durable enough to stand up to extreme work environments.”
XP3 features include:
- Industry-leading comprehensive 3-year warranty virtually eliminates the cost of device replacement.
- Built to Sonim Rugged Performance Standards, including MIL-810G and IP-68, to ensure reliable communication even in the most hazardous and extreme environments.
- Global LTE capability to help stay connected internationally.
- 100 dB+ speaker with noise cancellation to communicate clearly, hear loudly in even the noisiest conditions.
- Large, tactile and glove-friendly PTT button offers instant mistake-free communication when it matters most.
- Expandable micro-SD card slot stores up to 128GB of data.
- Sonim SCOUT XPerience enables quick and error-free device deployment and management.
- Industrial-grade accessories like ultra-rugged headsets, RSMs, vehicle kits and multi-charging bays allow you to do more in more ways and in more places.
“The XP3 rounds out our current XP8 and XP5s rugged phone offerings,” said Kim Green-Kerr, senior vice president for Sprint. “It will support Sprint customers who work in industries that require ultra-tough, reliable mobile communications like construction, manufacturing, transportation and public safety.”
For more information, visit the Sprint website.
About Sonim Technologies
Sonim Technologies is a leading U.S. provider of ultra-rugged mobility solutions designed specifically for task workers physically engaged in their work environments, often in mission-critical roles. The Sonim solution includes ultra-rugged mobile phones, business-process applications, and a suite of industrial-grade accessories which are collectively designed to increase worker productivity, accountability, and safety on the job site. Please visit https://sonimtech.com/.
SOURCE Sonim Technologies