DUBLIN, Dec. 31, 2019 /PRNewswire/ — The “Singapore B2C E-Commerce Market 2019″ report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
Singapore’s internet connectivity facilitates online shopping
Even though Singapore has a much smaller population than most of its neighbors in the Southeast Asia region, its developed infrastructure and comparatively wealthy residents who engage in online shopping move the nation to the fifth spot in B2C E-Commerce sales ranking. A 2018 survey cited in this publication reflected that better than eight out of ten web-connected Singaporeans shopped and bought online.
Online shopping in Singapore enhanced by mobile and cross-border purchasing trends
As might be expected for a small wealthy nation, a high percentage of online shopping in Singapore is done beyond the island’s borders. The report points to Singapore as having one of the highest cross-border shopping rates in Asia last year. Another trend affecting B2C E-Commerce in Singapore is mobile shopping. Around three-fourths of internet connectivity in 2018 was through a mobile device. Another developing trend is social media shopping.
Singapore is served by local and global E-Commerce merchants
The top three most-visited online shopping websites in Singapore, Qoo10, Lazada, and Shopee, are all based in the country. Qoo10 garnered almost a third of the retail commerce market and recently launched a new marketplace site, allowing smaller merchants to compete for online shoppers. Other popular shopping sites in a survey done early this year referenced in the report include StrawberryNet, EZBuy, Zalora, eBay, and Amazon.
Questions Answered in this Report
- What were the estimated B2C E-Commerce sales in Singapore in 2018 and what is their projection through 2025?
- How much does E-Commerce contribute to the overall sales of retail companies in Singapore?
- How many consumers in Singapore, by age group and gender, make purchases online?
- What are the most popular product categories in Singapore bought via digital shopping channels?
- Who are the leading E-Commerce merchants in Singapore?
Key Topics Covered
1. Management Summary
2. Overview & International Comparisons
- B2C E-Commerce Market Overview and International Comparisons, June 2019
- B2C E-Commerce Sales, in USD billion, by Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand and Vietnam, 2018e & 2023f, and CAGR, in %, 2018e – 2023f
- B2C E-Commerce Sales by Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand and Vietnam, in USD billion, 2015, 2018e & 2025f, and CAGR, in %, 2018e – 2025f
- Digital Payment Service Penetration in Southeast Asia, in % of Respondents, by Country, Q2 2018
- Top 10 Most Visited E-Commerce Platforms by Country, Q1 2019
- Top 10 Shopping Apps by Most Active Monthly Users, by Country, Q1 2019
- Breakdown of Internet Traffic by Device, in %, 2018
- Breakdown of Devices Used for Online Shopping, in % of Online Purchases, 2018
- Shopping-Related Activities Carried Out Online, in % of Internet Users, 2018
- Breakdown of Shopping Channels by Product Category, incl. Online, In-App and Social Media, in % of Consumers, Q2 2018
- Cross-Border Online Shopper Penetration, in % of Adult Online Shoppers, May 2018
- Share of M-Commerce Spending, in % of Adult Cross-Border E-Commerce Spending, May 2018
- Top 3 Countries Purchased From in the Latest Cross-Border Online Purchase, in % of Cross-Border Online Shoppers, 2018
- Top Product Categories Purchased Cross-Border, in % of Cross-Border Online Shoppers, May 2018
- Top Drivers to Cross-Border Online Shopping, in % of Cross-Border Online Shoppers, May 2018
4. Sales & Shares
- Internet Economy Market Size, in USD billion, by Sector, 2015, 2018e & 2025f
- Retail E-Commerce Sales, in USD billion, 2018e & 2023f
- B2C E-Commerce Share of Total Retail Sales, in %, April 2019
5. Internet Users & Online Shoppers
- Internet User Penetration, in % of Individuals, 2010 – 2018e
- Online Shopper Penetration, in % of Internet Users, May 2018
- Online Shoppers Who Made Purchases in the Last Month, in % of Respondents, January 2018
- Breakdown of Online Shoppers, by Age Group and Gender, in %, 2018
- Top 5 Product Categories Purchased Online, in % of Online Shoppers, 2018
- E-Commerce FMCG Penetration, in % of Total FMCG Sales, 2018
- Top 3 Payment Methods For Online Purchase, in % of Online Shoppers, January 2018
- Important Payment-Relates Factors When Shopping Online, in % of Online Shoppers, January 2018
- Mobile Payment Transaction Value, in USD billion, 2016 & 2021f
- Delivery-Related Options Encouraging Online Shopping, in % of Online Shoppers, 2018e
- Top 3 Barriers to Cross-Border Online Shopping, incl. Delivery-Related, in % of Non Cross-Border Online Shoppers, May 2018
- Overview of B2C E-Commerce Players, June 2019
- Top 10 E-Commerce Websites, by Average Monthly Visits, in thousands, Q1 2019
- Top B2C E-Commerce Players by Market Share, in %, 2017
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/o3rcrv
Research and Markets also offers Custom Research services providing focused, comprehensive and tailored research.
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call +1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call +1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
SOURCE Research and Markets